REVIVE Clinic specialises in acne treatments.
We offer a full range of services including JANUS skin analysis, an excellent skin care range to improve acne, Agera & Image peels, we also treat post acne scarring. However if a patient presents early on to the clinic with acne and is treated appropriately, acne scarring should be avoided.
What is Acne?
Acne vulgaris is a very common skin condition that usually starts in teenagers. It is characterised by blackheads, whiteheads, pus-filled spots and oily skin. The acne bacterium (propionobacterium acnes) can multiply in those prone to acne. This triggers inflammation and the formation of red pus-filled spots. For the majority it tends to resolve in the late teens or twenties but for some patients acne can persist for many years.
How can acne be treated?
Acne treatment fall into several categories…
Topical treatments that are applied directly to the skin- these are very effective if used correctly for mild to moderate acne.
- Oral Antibiotics – Tablets that are taken by mouth.
- Oral Contraceptive Pill – Female patients only.
- Roaccutane – By prescription and consultation for suitability.
- Other Treatments – These include chemical peels. These are extremely effective for mild to moderate acne but may require several treatments over a period of time.
- Post-Acne Scarring – Medical Microneedling or Chemical Peels to reduce post-acne scarring are established techniques requiring the skill of an experienced aesthetic therapist. These would be required for moderate acne scarring.
Costs vary on the type of treatment that is deemed most appropriate to your situation but an indicator of…
Chemical peels start from €100 euro per peel.
Microneedling costs from €200 per session
Janus Skin Analysis
Janus Skin analysis to assess your Skin Condition including Consultation – €40
(Acne, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, congestion, open pores & oiliness)
With lactic and salicylic acid, radiant 20/10 resurfacing peel contains a powerful combination of them both which improves skin tone and texture by exfoliating dead skin cells and speeding cell turnover. The multipurpose resurfacing peel reduces acne pimples and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
Medical Microneedling is a very effective treatment for treating acne scarring and facial rejuvenation.
Image Clear Cell Skincare
A highly effective acne skin care line that utilizes the most effective acne fighting ingredients and potent anti-inflammatory botanicals. CLEAR CELL is effective skin care for acne that reduces inflammation, eliminates excess oil and purifies skin.